"I know enough to know that I'm not where I'm going to be, that I'm always becoming." ~Ruby Dee

Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello World!!

For some time now, I have been wanting to start a blog but was having difficulty deciding on a theme/topic.  I had so many ideas, but none of them seemed to be good enough.  They didn't really reflect the real ChiquanaMichelle.  For instance, I thought about blogging my experience as a dog owner, but I was getting bored just thinking about it.  Then, I had the bright idea to attempt to write about love and relationships because that's just what this world needs, another "relationship expert."  Luckily for you, I quickly changed my mind on the subject.  Besides, I'm not quite ready to expose that much of myself to the world.

After months of pondering and procrastinating, I finally saw the light!  I was encouraged by a friend to start a 30 before 30 list, but I only had a few months left.  So, I decided to generate a 35 before 35 list.  It consists of some very ambitious goals and some things that I just want to try before I reach a new "age box".  The most important thing about this list, however, is that I am forcing myself to actually "DO."  It is an opportunity for me to embark on a journey that I may not have taken otherwise.  My hope is to take you, my readers, along with me.  

While I don't plan to blog about my list and my accomplishments, I will share how these and other experiences impact my life.  In 2011, I realized that I was pretending to be strong in certain areas that actually broke me down.  I wasn't taking as many risks that I know I'm very capable of conquering (i.e. exposing parts of my life in a blog).  And equally important, something tampered with my happiness.  Well, one of my strengths is that I do not hesitate to correct anything that I see wrong in my life.  I'm not one to wallow in my own misery...that's so 90's

This blog is my way of holding myself accountable for building physical and emotional strength, following through with the risks that I plan to take, and as my mom said to me on the first day of 2012, just being happy!!  

So, buckle your seat belts friends and get ready to ride!! 

2 comments: