"I know enough to know that I'm not where I'm going to be, that I'm always becoming." ~Ruby Dee

Monday, November 18, 2013

Here we go again!!

Hi World!  I'm back again with yet another attempt to be a "blogger."  I can only imagine that this will not go well either considering all of the new additions to my life.  I am currently pursuing a PhD in Leadership and Change at Antioch University.  Woohoo!!  It's a very different style of learning, yet rigorous and intense, just as any other doctoral program.  Crazy enough, I am doing this while still working full-time.  I have also increased my community involvement by serving on the Fundraising and Development Committee for Girls on the Run of the Triangle (www.gotrtriangle.org), and I am a member of the NC Statewide Pioneering Healthier Communities Advisory Committee.  I have definitely been living up to my blog's title, but failed in documenting all of my experiences thus far.

So, how and WHY would I take another shot at this blogging thing??  Well, I am embarking on a new journey that is actually pretty scary for me, but something that I feel is necessary for my self-esteem, confidence, and honestly, love for myself.  I believe that documenting this journey will not only be beneficial for someone who may be going through the same thing, but it also helps me to be more open and authentic, which is a journey within itself.  As I may have mentioned in an earlier post, I am typically a private person, and doing something like this is waaaay out of my comfort zone.  But hey, I can't expect others to Be Bold and try something new if I'm not willing to push myself to uncomfortable limits, right?

With that said, for the next five or six months (I'm praying for five), I plan to document my journey using a very powerful acne medicine called Isotretinoin (Claravis brand).  I have struggled with acne since I was a teenager and the 'ish just will not go away!!  Now in my thirties, I fear that I'll be dealing with it for the rest of my life, especially since the breakouts have become more frequent.  Yesterday (Nov. 17, 2013) was day one for actually taking the medicine, but the journey actually started back in late September when I went to see a dermatologist at Central Dermatology Center.  Having been there multiple times before, he was somewhat familiar with my struggles and knew that it was time to go hard!!

So, here I am...after completing the necessary requirements to get the prescription filled...taking one pill at a time...patiently awaiting the results.  To avoid boring you with every single detail and because I honestly don't have the time to give daily updates, I plan to post once a week.

Wish me luck and pray that I don't experience any of those evil side effects!!

No comments:

Post a Comment