"I know enough to know that I'm not where I'm going to be, that I'm always becoming." ~Ruby Dee

Monday, April 16, 2012

Get Fit or Cry Trying

The title of this post is so fitting for what I have experienced over the past two months.  I have been training, well sort of training, for a 5K obstacle course:  Rugged Maniac.  It's 3.1 miles of mud, water, fire, walls, hills, planks, wire, etc., etc.!!  I was very excited until last week when I looked at the calendar and realized that it was only two weeks away (now less than a week)...YIKES!!  So, needless to say, I have been cramming.  I just hope the results are as good as when I used to cram for exams in college.  The good thing about it is that I won't have to do this alone.  I'm on a team of "Wonder Women!"  Yes, we plan to dress the part, but I'm not so sure that the performance will be up to par.  As Wonder Women, we will give it our all!!  So bring on the mud, the fire, the walls, etc., etc.!!  But first, let me say a little prayer...

Video courtesy of YouTube

1 comment: